JWR Employment Specialists are working with a Mechanical and Engineering Company who are specialists in bespoke fabrication to recruit a Workshop Foreman.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a fast growing and expanding business that support an equally fast-growing industry. Experience in Mechanical Fiiting/Machining or Metal Fabrication is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising our busy workshop, ensuring quality of the final products and supply within contractual delivery time
- Ensure works are carried out in accordance with processes, completing all necessary
- documentation and submitting to the office within agreed timescales
- Develop and motivate staff to ensure they achieve maximum performance
- Plan work activities and manpower
- Conduct regular risk assessments of workshop activities, equipment, and processes.
- Monitoring and reporting on production progress
- Oversee housekeeping and availability of workshop tools, equipment and expendables.
- Review the scope of works, drawings and establish production objectives, standards, and production schedules
- Liaise with our design department to ensure workshop drawings are accurate & complete
- Ensure all machinery and equipment in the workshop are well-maintained, properly operated, and equipped with necessary safety features
- Timekeeping of workshop staff
- Provide training and guidance to workshop personnel on safety protocols, best practices, and emergency procedures.
- Oversee the receipt of materials to ensure they correspond to the paperwork and certificates received
- communicate emergency response plans to handle accidents, fires, or other emergencies effectively.
- Work to ISO9001, EN1090 & ISO45001 Standards.
- Review workshop practices with an emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, cost effectiveness and timelines
- Ensure Workplace Safety and Health policies, procedures and regulations are followed
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives
- Safety Compliance: Ensure that all workshop activities comply with relevant health and safety regulations, company policies, and industry standards.
Skills and Experience
- Team player
- Experience in a similar supervisory role
- Experience in Mechanical (Fitting or Machining) or Metal Fabrication is preferred
- Possess excellent communication and record keeping skills
- Have the ability to read and interpret mechanical and structural drawings
- Possess high level of motivation, initiative, and time management skills