JWR Employment Specialists are working with a large roofing and cladding company in Mayo to recruit a Senior Estimator.
As an experienced Estimator you will bring expertise and knowledge to the team, to support and assist the current commercial team. The company is currently working on large projects in a number of sectors including Data Centres, Pharmaceuticals and Commercial. The role will be based in the company’s head office in Mayo.
- Manage and tender from receipt, through to submission and post tender queries
- Analysing plans/bill of quantities and other project documentation to estimate costs
- Researching, sourcing, and negotiating best quotes from subcontractors/suppliers
- Assessing financial / technical/ operational risks of project
- Liaising with key members of the project of the project team and liaising with clients and subcontractors
- Prepare take offs and undertake estimates and final account settlements.
- Review supply chain performance quarterly
- Mark up enquires to be sent out to the supply chain, organise bills of quantities production and obtain material quotes where necessary
- Evaluate returned quotations from supply chain, organise bills of quantities production and obtain material quotes where necessary
- Evaluate returned quotations from supply chain and liaise with supply chain member to bring quotations in line with the project specification requirements
- Liaise with and manage the internal and external tender team
What you need:
- 4+ Years’ experience in estimating role
- Motivated, driven and works well within a team
- Strong contract management ability and understanding
- Strong negotiation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills