Senior Buyer (Construction)
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with a large construction company Co. Mayo to recruit a Buyer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring materials are on hand for all ongoing projects, monitoring stock levels and obtaining best price and quality of materials.
This would be a great opportunity for the right candidate to build on their existing experience within a growing construction company. The company is currently working on large projects in a number of sectors including Data Centres, Pharmaceuticals and Commercial.
The role will be based in the company’s head office in Mayo.
- Source all materials needed for all ongoing projects in a timely and cost-effective manor
- Create procurement schedules with the project teams.
- Maintain relationships with current suppliers to ensure requirements can be met
- Identify new supplier sources where required
- Negotiate prices with suppliers.
- Co-ordinate the logistics of goods and services required for assigned projects.
- Assist in the reallocation or disposal of excess materials.
- Create internal reports.
- Recommend improvements/upgrades to the procurement systems and methods.
- Responsible for all reporting for the purchasing and procurement function
- Keep track of deliveries and returns
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a procurement role within the construction or manufacturing industry.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Sage an advantage but not essential
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong IT, numerical and data analysis skills with a proficiency in Microsoft excel and a working knowledge of an inventory management system.
- Willingness to travel to site where necessary.
Benefits for Employees
- Modern, plush and unique new office build. With new Canteen & breakout areas.
- Electric Car Charging Stations.
- Fully stocked Staff Canteen.
- Free On-site Car Parking.
- Employee Assistance program for all employees (24/7 Confidential Support) providing assistance with Mental Health/ Family Life/Budgeting/Legal Information. This program also gives access to a Health Portal providing Webinars/Nutritional Advice/ Fitness Advice & Health Checks
- Competitive Salary for the best candidate depending on experience.
- Yearly Team building events.
- Meditation Garden with the use of Cardio Vascular equipment.
- Continuous Professional Development.