Senior Battery Pack Mechanical Design Engineer
JWR Employment Specialists are excited to be working with a rapidly growing battery technology company in Galway, Ireland to recruit a Senior Battery Pack Mechanical Design Engineer.
Our client who are making an impact on a global scale with a vision to create a fully electric future are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and innovative work environment. In this role, you will work in a team where everyone is involved and appreciated in the process. No two days will be the same and you will be involved in a process that is turning an industry on its head.
The role offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, Private Health insurance, company pension, 23 days annual leave, commuter support for long commuters, corporate gym rates and free fitness classes and more!
This role is based fully onsite in Claregalway.
Interested? Keep reading to see if you meet the job specifications.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Design revolutionary and economical battery systems including subsystems, components, and their interaction
- Hands on with all steps of the pack development process from concept design, selection of components and prototype builds to design for manufacturing
- Perform analytical and physical assessment of the battery system to ensure the designs’ adaptability and reliability match the requirements
- Manage and create CAD for different battery components to meet the component and system level targets
- Supplier liaison and technical management, battery vehicle integration oversight and battery qualification support
- Develop and release module system specification and mechanical drawings for the designs
Skills, education and requirements
- Educated to Masters degree level in mechanical engineering, materials science or a similar technical field
- An extensive understanding of HV battery pack electro-mechanical design with at least 5 years design experience in this area
- Minimum 3 year’s experience in a senior design engineer role and have hands on experience of bringing multiple pack designs from concept to mass production
- Very familiar with the product design cycle and have a detailed understanding of product design and development including requirement gathering, concept creation/selection, DFX, risk mitigation, validation/testing and continuous improvement
- A detailed understanding of HV battery pack design principles, challenges, and applicable standards
- Experience with release engineering tools including CAD design tools such as CATIA, SOLIDWORKS or similar
- Direct experience in Li-ion/solid-state battery system design for EV applications
- Familiar with leading/guiding junior engineers and working as part of a multi- functional team