JWR Employment Specialists are working with a medical device manufacturing company located in Galway to recruit a ProductionTechnician.
The person in this role will participates as a team member in the production and engineering team providing line support and technical support for commercial product and supporting R&D production introduction.
The role offers a 4-day work week (Monday – Thursday day shift) as well as a competitive salary and benefits.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Supports engineering to drive to yield / efficiency improvement projects for production.
- Conducts feasibility studies to improve yields, balance the line and increase outputs.
- Executes preventative maintenance for the cleanroom.
- Executes calibration process for the cleanroom.
- Complete equipment qualification.
- Supports line issues on a daily basis.
- Makes decisions on accept / reject criteria in production with support from Quality.
- Participate in daily meetings to drive improvement from a yield, output and efficiency perspective.
- Ensure standard times are accurate and achievable for each part.
Skills and experience
- 5 -8 years of medical device production experience is desired.
- Ability to interact with colleague, suppliers in a professional manner.
- Proficient communication skills – written and oral.
- Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness and a drive to succeed.
- Solidworks 3D CAD Profeciency.
- Familiar with Design for Manufacturability and Assembly.
- Familiar with FDA QSR and ISO 13485 medical Device regulations is desired.