JWR Employment Specialists have an excellent opportunity for a Production Manager for a growing mechanical fabrication and manufacturing company located in Castlebar, Mayo.
The role which is reporting to the CEO will be responsible for the supervision and co-ordination of the fabrication and installation process for the company who are specialists in ventilation ducting.
Duties and responsibilities include;
- Supervision of a team of fitters within the fabrication
- Ensure that SOS meetings are held every
- Responsible for all fabrication processes and efficient running of all workshop
- Co-ordination with Sales & Engineering & Finance on Production planning on weekly/monthly and 3/6 month lookahead.
- Allocating work to fabricators in accordance with directions.
- Ensure that the ramp rate and factory outputs are met – Hiring of staff.
- Implementing KPIs per factory functional
- Reading and interpreting manufacturing engineering
- Ensuring the safe operation and maintenance of all equipment – working with vendors on planning of maintenance and upkeep of
- Ensuring all work is carried out to quality and specification requirements in a timely manner and quality checked before
- Ensuring housekeeping is ongoing by maintaining a clean and safe
- Opening and closing the workshop on a daily
- Maintaining work and project timesheets, keeping track of hours on each
- Ensuring workshop
- Understanding all fabrication processes and be able to estimate job duration
- Motivating workshop employees to work in an effective and efficient
- Be aware of local sources of industrial tools, materials and consumables
- Contacting with procurement of material and stock control – min/max
- Coordination of all incoming and outgoing
- Ensure and prepare for all customer visit/Audits/ISO documentation and specification and up to date.
- Ensuring outgoing deliveries are packaged securely for
- Occasional site visits (nationally) to inspect/assist with ductwork
Skills and experience;
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering/Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a production environment with experience in production planning and scheduling.
- Experience managing/leading a team.
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.