Product Manager – Technical Performance Workwear
JWR Employment Specialist have an opportunity with an Irish Leading Global Manufacturer located in Manchester for a Product Manager – Technical Performance Workwear. The successful candidate would be required to have experience with design and development
As the Product Manager, you will manage our Garments in a specific range for global markets. You will be a product expert and provide technical support for the range, working closely with our global sales teams.
The role also offers a competitive salary, health insurance, pension and hybrid working arrangements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Carry out competitor research and make commercial decisions on your products that will drive the growth of the range.
· Sourcing and development of technical performance fabrics, always looking for innovation.
· Product Design and Development. You will work with designers and other Products Managers in the creation of new products.
· Present your products to a selection committee and the wider business for approval.
· Interact and work with cross-functional departments to get product to market in a timely manner.
· Ensure compliance by working with notified bodies on the testing and certification of technical garments and fabrics.
· Travelling will be required from time-to-time to work face-to-face with other members of the product team and our supplier base
· Drive down the cost of product and ensure we offer maximum value to our customers.
· Supervise the creation of full technical specifications for products
· Manage the delivery and approval of samples to final sealed tape stage, guiding junior members of the product team to assist in this
Skills and Qualifications:
· 5-10 plus years’ experience in a Product Management/ Product Development / Technical fabric development position
· Relevant degree qualification in Design, Materials or Garment Technology
· The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. With strong commercial acumen
· Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
· High attention to detail
· Good communication and interpersonal skills