Process Development Engineer
JWR Employment Specialists are excited to be working with a rapidly growing battery technology company in Galway, Ireland to recruit a Process Development Engineer.
Our client who are making an impact on a global scale with a vision to create a fully electric future are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and innovative work environment. In this role, you will work in a team where everyone is involved and appreciated in the process. No two days will be the same and you will be involved in a process that is turning an industry on its head.
The role offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, Private Health insurance, company pension, 23 days annual leave, commuter support for long commuters, corporate gym rates and free fitness classes and more!
Please note this role is fully onsite in Claregalway.
Interested? Keep reading to see if you meet the job specifications.
What will the role involve?
- Work with a collaborative and cross functional team to design, develop and implement new processes
- Drive innovation in processing methods and technologies
- Collaborate with design engineers on component/assembly design for process improvements or new processes
- Collaborate with machine build & automation engineers to design & implement automated processes in-house
- Own process lines and process validation activity for your area
- Support introduction of processes to manufacturing environment
- Design, develop and validate test methods for in-line and off-line inspection including machine vision inspection systems
- Support and lead CAPA projects to address process quality issues
- Carry out process characterisation, DOE’s and implement statistical process control
Skills, Education and Experience
- Level 8 engineering/physics degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Automotive/medical device/aerospace preferred
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Lean, six sigma experience; green belt project ideal
- Experience with statistical process control tools and techniques
- Experience leading process characterisation & validation projects
- Hands-on experience with plastic processing & joining technologies a big advantage e.g.
- hot plate welding
- heat sealing
- ultrasonic welding etc.
- Experience with structured problem-solving methodology.