JWR Employment Specialists are working with a growing Mechanical and Electrical Engineering company in Mayo to recruit a Mechanical Engineer.
Our client who have projects across Industrial, Healthcare, Commercial, Residential and pharmaceutical have undergone significant growth in the last number of years and are passionate about providing the highest standards through honest, hard work and commitment to quality.
The role is based on-site in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- Collate all design documents and drawings
- Attend project Handover Meetings
- Evaluate value engineering or cost saving opportunities
- Preparation of co-ordinated drawings covering all aspects of the installation including mechanical, electrical sprinkler, structural and architectural elements
- Review and understand project design specifications and drawings and access compliance of co-ordinated drawings and technical submittals
- Assist in the production of weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals
- Processing requisitions, generation of purchase orders
- Receipt verification (RV) of equipment and materials arriving on site
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Understand the commercial fundamentals of a project including profit plans, potential variation logs and take offs’ etc
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team
- Carry out document control, recording & transmitting information utilising File Key
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for production activities
- Organise and assess the work of sub-contractors
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging including walking down of P&ID’s, and layout drawings
- Population of test packs and tracking of same
- Work closely with Project Manager/Site Manager
- Review and learn commercial aspect of project under the guidance of the PM/QS
- Responsible for time sheets for all site staff on your assigned project.
- Ideally 2 years + experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and use of programs specific to this role