Mechanical Design Engineer
JWR Employment Specialists are excited to be working with a rapidly growing battery technology company in Galway, Ireland to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer.
Our client who are making an impact on a global scale with a vision to create a fully electric future are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and innovative work environment. In this role, you will work in a team where everyone is involved and appreciated in the process. No two days will be the same and you will be involved in a process that is turning an industry on its head.
The role offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, Private Health insurance, company pension, 23 days annual leave, commuter support for long commuters, corporate gym rates and free fitness classes and more!
Please note this role is fully onsite in Claregalway.
What will the role involve?
- The completion of product drawings and documentation to release new designs or design modifications for fabrication.
- The design, development, modification, specification and evaluation of mechanical parts or assemblies for new or existing products.
- To build prototype units, prepare proof-of-concept rigs and engage in other hands-on activities.
- To design and complete a regime of tests to ensure that the design is fit for release.
- Control of Bill of Materials, CAD Models and Engineering Drawings.
- Manage and maintain 3D printers on site
Skills, Education and Experience
- 2-3 years in a similar position.
- Demonstrated product design and development experience, including experience of design cycle.
- Experience of the design development cycle and been involved with 1 design cycle from concept to industrialisation or mass production.
- Experience with engineering tools, such as creating tolerance stacks, risk assessment (FMEA), creating test plans, and DOE’s