Junior Pipe Designer
JWR Employment Specialists are working with a Mechanical and Engineering Company who are specialists in bespoke fabrication to recruit a Junior Pipe Designer.
The successful candidate will will have the opportunity to work on innovative and challenging projects, collaborating closely with our Engineering team and learning from industry experts.
The role offers competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a supportive work environment that encourages professional growth and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate and extract isometric drawings.
- Produce fabrication drawings using AutoCAD Plant 3D, Revit, and Advanced Steel
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of pipe fittings and components.
- Exhibit basic understanding of pipe routing.
- Possess basic knowledge of equipment’s like pumps, buffer vessels, heat exchangers, chillers, AHU, FCU, heat pump and expansion vessels.
- Display basic knowledge of pipe supports.
- Prepare material take offs, attend design and construction review meetings, site survey, assistance to site installation.
Skills and Experience
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering at level 7 or 8, or a 3rd level Engineering or CAD/BIM qualification, or a trades background with suitable CAD skills
- Working experience or knowledge of industries such as pharmaceutical, data centres, water/wastewater treatment plants, or building services
- Familiarity with carbon and stainless steel, pipe supports, pipe fabrication, and installation.
- Excellent spatial awareness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with 3D design software such as Navisworks, Plant3D, Revit and Advance steel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic