Junior Mechanical Engineer
JWR Employment Specialists are working with a growing Mechanical and Electrical Engineering company in Mayo to recruit a Junior Mechanical Engineer.
Our client who have projects across Industrial, Healthcare, Commercial, Residential and pharmaceutical have undergone significant growth in the last number of years and are passionate about providing the highest standards through honest, hard work and commitment to quality.
The role is based on-site in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.
- Review quality on site – walking down systems to ensure compliance with project team
- Assist in the production of weekly progress reports
- Assist in the compilation and assessment of Technical Submittals.
- Review and understand schematics, drawings and projects specifications
- Manage the systems with the client’s commission teams
- Ensure Quality plan is relevant and modify accordingly
- Analyse supplier information for alignment with design specifications
- Attend quality meetings and participate in walk downs when required
- Reporting to the Project Manager on project progress, risks and issues
- Evaluate the RFI responses to ensure that there are no engineering issues with them
- Ensure site supervisors are always working off latest drawings and assist in the engineering development of supervisors
- Review and answer technical queries from site in relation to specifications / drawings/ materials / equipment and close out same
- Design reviews, validate equipment and systems
- Analysis of all design documentation and identification of any scope gaps
- Work closely with Project Manager/Site Manager
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Trade background would be advantageous
- Excellent IT skills required
- Experience in Revit would be advantageous
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team