Health & Safety Officer – Dublin
JWR Employment Specialists are working with a renowned Roofing and Cladding Company to recruit a Health and Safety Officer in for a number of large construction project in Dublin.
The company is looking for a motivated, dedicated Health and Safety professional who will be working on large projects mainly in the Pharma and Tech industries. The role is within a supportive environment and will offer the right candidate career progression opportunities and exposure across large scale projects.
- You will be responsible for the management of key site(s) in Dublin/Leinster Regions which will require flexibility in both in terms of working environment and site location.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating all safety documentation with assistance from the site team in developing safety plans, RAMS, permits, site audits, managing safety training, plant certification and assisting with SPA’s.
- You will have the ability to manage and motivate the safe working of site operatives. A strong interest in dealing with issues at source onsite rather than reporting is required.
- The candidate must be aware of the fast pace of specialist subcontracting and must be motivated to keep our site team safe. The ability to anticipate issues before they arise is important and the candidate must be proactive rather than reactive in their approach.
- BSC in Occupation Health and Safety qualification or equivalent.
- 2 years + work experience and must be familiar dealing with Main Clients Representatives, Contractors, Sub contractors, and direct employee
- Computer literate, with working knowledge of pdf markup software, PowerPoint/Word, email and web document portals.
- Good reporting skills are needed to present professional reports to our Clients.
- The candidate must be authoritative, give respect to and command respect from the work force. Equally important is to have a calm, considered approach to issues as they arise and earn the respect of the Clients team.
- You must be disciplined and organized for daily documentation requirements, knowing what is needed and when, to ensure the workforce gets working every morning and throughout the day.
Benefits for Employees:
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Employee Assistance program for all employees
- Continuous Professional Development.
- Supportive work environment