JWR Employment Specialist are delighted to be working with a leading manufacturing company in Castlebar, Mayo to recruit a Financial Controller.
The role which will be part of the Global Finance and Accounting Team (GFA) will lead and manage the various functions of the site, including Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting as well as Legal and Compliance. This leadership role requires someone with strong business acumen, solid management and interpersonal skills and proven ability to lead a growing finance and accounting function with a multinational organisation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include;
- As part of the Leadership Team in Castlebar, provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure that the company’s plans and commitments are implemented and achieved. Proactively assess and communicate the financial impact of strategic and/or operational decisions on the business.
- Work within the leadership Team as well as cross-functionally to provide visibility for key decision making; Perform regular appraisals of financial condition and issue reports on sales growth, profitability, financial position (liquidity, working capital, leverage, efficiency / activity) and relevant KPIs to key stakeholders.
- Ensure standard costs (i.e., Material, Labor, Overhead and Inventory standard costs) are accurate and related variances are regularly monitored. Align with key stakeholders (i.e. Leadership Team) to leverage findings and take appropriate action, if warranted.
- Analyse financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems. Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Ensure a healthy financial position by promoting responsible growth through (1) disciplined pricing strategy, monitoring of expenses, prudent resource allocation (human capital, fixed capital, and other investments), working capital efficiency, and proper use of debt.
- Monitor cash flow and determine future cash needs and funding requirements. Prepare and/or oversees financial forecasting, planning and budgeting activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teammates and subject matter experts (i.e. internal and external) to establish and maintain effective procedures and controls across all aspects of compliance, including but not limited to financial and tax compliance.
- Determine the tax impact of various business transactions and assist in the execution of global tax strategies, communicate tax issues and requirements to internal stakeholders and monitor compliance on an ongoing basis.
- Provide strategic leadership in addressing day-to-day issues, working cross-functionally to identify the underlying root cause of the problem, and implementing practical solutions through process improvements that align with business objectives.
- Ensure the professional growth and development of the local GFA team by leveraging tools, curriculums, and resources from HR and L&D. Partner with both internal and external search partners to fill critical positions required for future site expansion and develop robust onboarding plans for new teammates.
- Provide ongoing coaching, mentoring, and growth opportunities to the GFA Team to promote top performance and a culture of ongoing learning and development, teamwork, and collaboration.
- Ensure adequate accounting procedures and controls, timely submission of tax reporting and filing, timely and accurate completion of monthly close and financial reporting activities.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with service providers (including contractors, banking institutions and advisors. Regularly reviews service quality and pricing to ensure sustained delivery of competitive value to Meissner.
Qualifications, Education and Experience Include;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in leading and growing finance and accounting functions for global manufacturing or industrial automation companies with greater than 100 employees.
- Experience with US GAAP and international accounting standards (IFRS or other local accounting standards), and multiple currency environments.
- Chartered Accountants Ireland, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) qualifications preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities. Adaptable, resilient, and enjoys collaborating with individuals with diverse perspectives and personalities. Capable of engaging cross-functionally with all levels of the Organization including Senior Management and across all geographies.
- Inquisitive and resourceful, self-motivated, strategic, and proactive, with an ability to see tasks through to completion. Comfortable operating and creating structure in new environments.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills coupled with the ability to see the bigger picture and make sound business decisions.
- Cost accounting and managerial accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience with MS Dynamics 365 or other ERP accounting systems.
- Microsoft Excel advanced user. Financial modeling experience a plus.