EHS Advisor (Part-Time)
JWR Employment Specialist are working with a mechanical engineering contracting company to recruit an EHS Advisor. This is a part-time role working 2 or preferably 3 days per week.
The role is based in Ballinrobe, Mayo and reporting to the Quality Environment Health and Safety Manager, the successful candidate will be working on large projects mainly in HSE healthcare construction. It will offer the right candidate excellent experience and opportunity and full support and training will be provided.
The role is based on site in Ballinrobe with site visits across Galway and the West required with occasional visits to Dublin. Costs for accommodation and travel will be covered by the client for this.
Duties and Responsibilities.
|· Attend audits and maintain ISO Standards – 9001, 14001, and 45001
· To ensure we are fully compliant in all Health, Safety & Workplace Legislation
· Work effectively with the Project Managers and Construction Teams with the compliance of the Integrated Management System
· Ensure EHS Plans are implemented and adhered to on site
· Ensure hazards are identified and effectively controlled on site
· Review Subcontractor Safety Documentation
· Assist with the development of Risk Assessments & Method Statements and provide training and communication to site personnel
· Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated, and communicated
· Communicate Safety Alerts through Toolbox Talk on a scheduled basis
· Ensure statutory forms and inspections are complete and recorded in a timely fashion
· Provide EHS project and documentation support
· Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by the QEHS Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company
Skills and Experience Required;
· Relevant EHS Qualification
· Full driving licence
· 2+ years’ experience working in construction
· Ability to work on own initiative