JWR Employment Specialists are excited to be working with a rapidly growing battery technology company in Galway, Ireland to recruit a Category Manager.
Our client who are making an impact on a global scale with a vision to create a fully electric future are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and innovative work environment. In this role, you will work in a team where everyone is involved and appreciated in the process. No two days will be the same and you will be involved in a process that is turning an industry on its head.
The role offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, Private Health insurance, company pension, 23 days annual leave, commuter support for long commuters, corporate gym rates and free fitness classes and more!
Please note this role is fully onsite in Claregalway.
What will the role involve?
- Support the development of a procurement strategy and complete procurement objectives
- Day-to-day management of PO creation & on time deliveries for production and non-production goods
- Negotiate contracts, cost per unit, MOQs and lead times
- Develop and implement category strategies
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Maintaining master data in our financial and MRP system
Skills, Education and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, working in a complex manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing processes
- Excellent team worker with the ability to collaborate with multiple cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills coupled with effective communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple demands and prioritise tasks according to operational needs
- Good IT skills with the ability to comfortably work with the MS Office suite as well as Materials Resources Planning software.