Business Development Manager
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting a Business Development Manager for a rapidly growing company in Mayo who are manufacturers and suppliers of insulated ducting.
This role will have the responsibility of developing and implementing a detailed sales strategy for the business that will attract and identify new businesses as well as creating and maintaining strong business relationships with key clients.
This role is from someone with a mechanical background who has experience working in the construction or manufacturing industry and is technically minded. The role will also require a lot of flexibility to travel to key clients in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway. This role can be fully remote.
Main Duties and responsibilities include;
- Develop a detailed sales and marketing strategy to expand the company’s presence in the market which will include;
- Identifying key customers, competitors, and new target markets.
- identifying key sales channels regionally and globally either direct or distribution,
- identifying possible sub-contractors to collaborate with on projects.
- Increasing business opportunities both regionally and globally
- identifying and managing social media channels and implement social media plans for marketing, new projects, and events.
- Compile and analyse sales figures and accurately forecast monthly/quarterly sales and deliver this sales revenue forecast to the CEO/MD on monthly basis.
- Manage all customers quotation and pricing in timely manner with the help of take offs from Engineering Department
- Assist in recruiting and training sales staff when required.
- Monitor sales team’s performance and motivate them to reach targets.
- Collecting customer feedback and market research.
- Represent the business at conferences, trade fairs and networking events.
- Review customer satisfaction surveys and address any issues that arise.
- Carry out full due diligence on all new customers and develop a customer approval process.
- Monitor on-going credit terms with all customers and liaise with credit controller on an on-going basis.
- Attend monthly management/sales meetings.
- Account manage projects for variations onsite.
- Account manage projects from startup handover to engineering and be involved on all kick-offs start meeting internally and externally (internal contractors and external contractors).
Skills and experience required;
- Passion for a fast-paced, high growth and technical environment
- 5 + years of relevant work experience in a mechanical, engineering or construction environment.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Analytical mindset with proficiency in market analysis and strategy development.
- Willingness to travel as needed for business meetings and industry events.