JWR Employment Specialists are working with one of Ireland’s top ten Financial Services firms in Ireland to recruit a Audit Director for their expanding offices in Galway City.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and for undertaking significant business development activity with support from regional and Dublin based partners. The role involves providing audit and related services to companies and groups operating across a wide range of sectors, in addition to participating in the management of the Audit and Assurance group.
This is an excellent and rare opportunity for a motivated and driven candidate with strong leadership and audit skills to progress their career in a renowned professional financial service firm.
The role offers a very competitive remuneration package, hybrid working arrangements and extras including Healthcare, pension, professional membership and more.
- Project management – take responsibility for managing a large and varied portfolio of clients
- Promotion and oversight of quality audit work on your client engagements
- Management of client relationships – Identifying client needs and new business opportunities within client organisations.
- Supervising and training junior members of the team to ensure that company standards are maintained throughout the entire audit process
- Preparation and presentation of business tenders in order to develop and grow your client portfolio
- Working capital management – manage work in progress and billings
- Client fee negotiation
- Taking full responsibility for managing and reviewing the work of the audit team
- ACA/ACCA qualified.
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience
- Experience in Insurance Audit is essential.
- Strong technical skills (Irish GAAP and auditing standards. IFRS experience an advantage but not essential);
- Electronic auditing experience ability to motivate.
- Excellent management and motivational skills with strong capabilities in leading teams through tight deadlines.
- Portfolio management experience
- Strong attention to detail and analytical assessment
- Strong commercial awareness
- Experience gained in a Big 4 accounting firm would be advantageous.
- A competitive compensation package with a defined career path
- Training and support from our dedicated learning and development team
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Healthcare insurance
- Hybrid working week – blended arrangement where you can work from home, at the office or client sites depending on business, client and teams needs