Aluminium Fabricator/Tig Welder
JWR Employment Specialists are excited to be working with a rapidly growing battery technology company in Galway, Ireland to recruit an Aluminium Fabricator/Tig Welder.
Our client who are making an impact on a global scale with a vision to create a fully electric future are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and innovative work environment. In this role, you will work in a team where everyone is involved and appreciated in the process. No two days will be the same and you will be involved in a process that is turning an industry on its head.
The role offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, Private Health insurance, company pension, 23 days annual leave, commuter support for long commuters, corporate gym rates and free fitness classes and more!
Please note this role is fully onsite in Claregalway.
What will the role involve?
- Produce high precision, quality, and output variation on aluminum sheet metal fabrications.
- Working closely with the Sheet Metal Fabrication Manager to ensure products are manufactured per drawings and ensure work is completed on time.
- Reading and understanding manufacturing drawings/specifications.
- Assume ownership of work and be responsible for project deliverables.
- Use of CNC Press Brake, Guillotine, Turret Punch, Hydraulic Press Forming and all other in-house Sheet Metal working machinery.
- The confidence to directly input into the design and manufacture of jigs and fixtures to enable fast and accurate manufacture of our components
Skills, Education and Experience
- 5-6 years’ experience metal fabrication, preferably in automotive, aerospace, marine or military.
- High quality TIG and MIG welding of aluminium.
- Understanding and application of IATF 16949 or other quality systems and its importance to the business e.g., Experience with NPI, DFx, Six Sigma etc.
- Thorough understanding of Test Standards for Aluminum joining methods.
- Understanding of the safety risks associated with each of the technologies used and the mitigation/elimination techniques and strategies needed for their safe application.
- A positive attitude to be part of a flexible, tightly integrated team