Site Civil Engineer
JWR Employment Specialists are working with a Civil Construction company in Brisbane, Australia to recruit a Site Civil Engineer. The role will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager in civil and structural engineering as well as quality and compliance of project construction works.
Our client, an Irish run company have a long list of projects scheduled in civil construction, mining, project management and projects with Australian and Federal Government. This role would offer the right candidate a brilliant opportunity to progress in their career with continuous growth opportunity.
This role is also offering a very attractive salary package as well as a sponsorship visa, flights and initial accommodation upon arriving in Australia.
Interested? Read on for all the details.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
· Provide input and assistance into the daily programming of site works.
· Assist Project Engineer in identifying, quantifying and mitigating risks associated with relevant work packages,
· Supervise, schedule and track on-site purchasing and receipt of supplies and services, including placement and administration of subcontracts for review by the Project engineer.
· Supervise and schedule the activities of Suppliers and Subcontractors for allocated work packages to ensure coordination of the construction process in conjunction with the Project Engineer.
· Cost tracking of variations as directed by Project Engineer
· Ensure correct cost coding on purchase requisitions.
· Obtain multiple quotations for allocated work packages/purchases to ensure good budget control.
· Assist the Project Engineer with progress claims as per the contract date.
· Prior to commencement of site works, gain an understating of the relevant project specifications, drawings and budgets.
· Assist the Project Engineer in preparation of Variation and EOT claims relevant to allocated work packages
· Carry out specific HSEQ responsibilities as defined by the HSEQ Plan and ensuring all site personnel adhere to them at all times ;
· Act in accordance with the established procedures in emergency situations;
· Ensure compliance with all relevant HSEQ legislation and standards; and
· Assist the Project Engineer in completing Daily Quality checklists to ensure that works adhere to specifications.
· Notify the Project Engineer of any defects, mistakes, errors, contaminations or variations found with urgency.
· In-conjunction with the Project Engineer, prepare Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) for the project.
· When required, conduct toolbox talks.
· Assist the Project Engineer in developing reports on the achievement of daily targets;
· Ensure reports are accurate and submitted on time;
Skills, Experience and Requirements
· Minimum Degree in Engineering – Civil or Structural or equivalent.
· 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
· Knowledge of Design software such as AutoCad, Civil 3D or similar.
· Strong Project Management and organization skills.
· Strong Communication and interpersonal Skills.