Project Civil Engineer
JWR Employment Specialists are working with a Civil Construction company in Brisbane, Australia to recruit a Project Civil Engineer. The role will be responsible for the supervision, quality and compliance of Project Construction Works within the agreed project objectives. The Project Civil Engineer is also responsible for providing engineering and technical support to the Project Manager.
Our client, an Irish run company have a long list of projects scheduled in civil construction, mining, project management and projects with Australian and Federal Government. This role would offer the right candidate a brilliant opportunity to progress in their career with continuous growth opportunity.
This role is also offering a very attractive salary package as well as a sponsorship visa, flights and initial accommodation upon arriving in Australia.
Interested? Read on for all the details.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
· In-conjunction with the Project Manager and Supervisors prepare daily programming of site works.
· As required by the Project Manager, prepare correspondence for distribution to relevant parties.
· Participate at site meetings taking full and detailed notes.
· File and store all project information according to company’s procedures.
· Provide the Project Manager with relevant documentation received from either the client or authorities in a timely manner.
· Review and check all new drawings, instructions & documentation received from either the client or authorities.
· Update site diary with comprehensive detail daily.
· Monitor and track that statutory requirements (e.g. Local Council, EPA etc) are adhered to on site at all times.
· In conjunction with the Project Manager, and in accordance with company procedure, order required materials for site as specified by tender / contract requirements complying with test certificates.
· Track and monitor that materials delivered to site are check and verified for correct quality, quantity and type ordered.
· Promptly notify the Project Manager when plant and equipment is no longer required and can be used by others.
- Prepare / assist the Project Manager with claims as per the contract date.
- In Conjunction with Project Manager prepare Contract Notices for Variations, Extension of time Delays, Wet Weather etc.
- Track and monitor that Daily Plant Inspection checklist (DPI) is accurately completed by Operators and forwarded for distribution to the Project Manager.
- Monitor, track and assess sub-contractors, supplier and plant dockets on a regular basis.
- Provide timely responses in request for invoice discrepancies, providing detailed and accurate information.
- Check contract thoroughly to identify comprehensively all variations / changes to the contract, recording information and providing feedback to the Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Prior to commencement of site works, gain an understating of the relevant project specifications, drawings and budgets
- Carry out specific HSEQ responsibilities as defined by the HSEQ Plan and ensuring all site personnel adhere to them at all times ;
- Act in accordance with the established procedures in emergency situations;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSEQ legislation and
Apply For This Job