Senior Category Buyer
JWR Employment Specialists are excited to be working with a rapidly growing battery technology company in Galway, Ireland to recruit a Senior Category Buyer.
Our client who are making an impact on a global scale with a vision to create a fully electric future are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and innovative work environment. In this role, you will work in a team where everyone is involved and appreciated in the process. No two days will be the same and you will be involved in a process that is turning an industry on its head.
The role offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, Private Health insurance, company pension, 23 days annual leave, commuter support for long commuters, corporate gym rates and free fitness classes and more!
Please note this role is fully onsite in Claregalway.
Interested? Keep reading to see if you meet the job specifications.
About the Role.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Category Buyer to manage the day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure a cost effective & lean supply of goods for our next-generation battery systems.
- Support the development of a procurement strategy and complete procurement objectives
- Day-to-day management of PO creation & on time deliveries for production and non-production goods
- Negotiate contracts, cost per unit, MOQs and lead times
- Develop and implement category strategies
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Maintaining master data in our financial and MRP system
- Educated to minimum degree level with an electrical and electronic engineering focus
- Highly ambitious technology enthusiast looking to grow significantly in the role
- Passion for a fast-paced, high growth and high-tech environment
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (preferably in EV or battery related markets)
- 2+ years of experience supporting customers and products (preferably in EV or battery related markets)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to relentlessly prioritize
- Proven technical, quantitative and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- Excellent listening and presentation skills
- Knowledge of how to develop client-focused and achievable solutions
- Ability to travel globally