JWR Employment Specialists are excited to be working with a rapidly growing battery technology company in Galway, Ireland to recruit a Quality Engineer.
Our client who are making an impact on a global scale with a vision to create a fully electric future are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and innovative work environment. In this role, you will work in a team where everyone is involved and appreciated in the process. No two days will be the same and you will be involved in a process that is turning an industry on its head.
The role offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, Private Health insurance, company pension, 23 days annual leave, commuter support for long commuters, corporate gym rates and free fitness classes and more!
This role is based fully onsite in Claregalway.
Interested? Keep reading to see if you meet the job specifications.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Develop, modify, apply, and maintain quality standards and protocols
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place
- Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment
- Investigate basic manufacturing product quality and compliance issues
- Optimise manufacturing processes using engineering methods (e.g., SIX Sigma and LEAN methods) for design for manufacturing and for continuous process improvement
- Support the quality department by performing internal audits
Skills, education and requirements
- Level 8 Degree in a relevant Quality/Engineering/Science related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 or IATF preferred
- Good knowledge of Six Sigma, Statistical Analysis and Lean principles to investigate and solve problems and improve quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and work under own initiative to targets and deadlines