Manufacturing Technician – Evening Shift
JWR Employment Specialists are excited to be working with a rapidly growing battery technology company in Galway, Ireland to recruit a Manufacturing Technician for evening shift.
Our client who are making an impact on a global scale with a vision to create a fully electric future are looking for someone who thrives in a fast paced and innovative work environment. In this role, you will work in a team where everyone is involved and appreciated in the process. No two days will be the same and you will be involved in a process that is turning an industry on its head.
The role offers excellent benefits including competitive salary, Private Health insurance, company pension, 23 days annual leave, commuter support for long commuters, corporate gym rates and free fitness classes and more!
This role is based fully onsite in Claregalway.
Interested? Keep reading to see if you meet the job specifications.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Responsible for preventative maintenance tasks within the assigned manufacturing area
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of up-to-date SOPs and documentation in area of responsibility
- Assist in root cause analysis and implementing robust solutions to technical issues in both equipment and processes
- Technical support of production equipment with responsibility for process yields, equipment OEE, TPM and Health & Safety
- Work with engineering to develop troubleshooting guides and to improve/standardise existing production processes and procedures
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement in procedures, design and general practices
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; calling for repairs
Skills, education and requirements
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position or in the manufacturing environment
- Fetac Level 7 or equivalent Engineering / Technical qualification
- Working knowledge of high-volume manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated understanding of Engineering, Quality Systems and Lean Manufacturing
- Proven keen eye for detail and the ability to work in a highly technical, challenging and changing environment