Health & Safety Coordinator
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with a growing international manufacturing company located in Castlebar, Co. Mayo to recruit a Health & Safety Coordinator.
The Health & Safety Coordinator will be the primary point of contact for matters relating to the health and safety of employees. You’ll be responsible for the consistent application of our H&S policies, processes, and guidelines to ensure the company is fully compliant with all statutory requirements and obligations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include;
· Act as the H&S officer for the site. Driving a positive Environmental, Health & Safety culture throughout the company.
· Provide support and guidance to employees with Health & Safety queries.
· Develop and update Health & Safety policies and procedures as necessary.
· Identify and schedule new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
· Management of external cleaning contractors, pest control and service providers.
· Management of Health & Safety induction of new employees, contractors and visitors.
· Proactively manage investigation into accidents and incidents
· Facilitate and lead EHS Meetings, encouraging participation from the EHS Committee.
· Conduct monthly Health & Safety site housekeeping inspections and collate relevant data to produce regular reports on performance.
· Be responsible for site ergonomic, VDU and risk assessments, and take corrective measures to mitigate risks.
· Manage the development of employee health & wellbeing initiatives and projects.
· Manage KPI trends including waste management along with working on cost saving measures.
· Responsible for fire drill operations and ensuring fire registers are updated.
· Provide expert advice on use of PPE ensuring it is certified and fit for purpose.
· Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
· Ensure safety standards and documentation of contractors/visitors are up to date and meet statutory legislation.
· BSc in Occupational Health and Safety or a relevant discipline.
· 5+ years’ experience within a Health & Safety support role, ideally within a similar fast paced environment.
· A thorough knowledge of Health and Safety Law, practices, and their application, with a proven track record in dealing with Health & Safety issues.
· Experience of general Health and Safety systems, programs and initiatives in a manufacturing setting would be beneficial.
· Ability to investigate problems and provide solutions.
· Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
· Strong IT proficiency and administrative skills.