Operations Engineering Manager
JWR Employment Specialists have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Engineering Manager for a leading medical device manufacturing company in Roscommon.
The role is for a driven self-starter who enjoys leading successful teams. The role will have the responsibility for the management of the maintenance and manufacturing engineering teams. It will also have responsibility for delivering on key performance metrics, introduction of new technologies and improvement to existing processes to meet the company strategic objectives. The person in this role will provide support to the sales production, quality and technical functions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
· Effectively and efficiently execute the plant and facilities maintenance requirements.
· Understand current processes and technology, taking a hands-on approach to understanding how these can be improved to deliver production, technical, financial and quality requirements across all production departments.
· Develop resources to project manage the introduction of new technology to meet business objectives.
· Champion structured approach to problem solving using lean tools and 6 sigma principals within the organisation, in line with the companies excellence methodology.
· Facilitating investigation, trouble shooting and reporting on process/technology failures.
· Build motivated, competent and results focused engineering and maintenance teams, developing a culture of continuous improvement within the department, fostering cross-functional relationships
· Work with equipment vendors to mutually understand their and our technical process challenges, to improve capability and eliminate cost
· Achieve key project deliverables (Cpk, cycle times, lead-time, GM%, OEE etc.) on time and within budget
· Challenge the ‘status quo’ from an engineering and maintenance perspective
· Play an active part in the quality management review process.
· Ensure that manufacturing equipment and processes are validated, maintained, calibrated and documented in accordance with the company’s quality system
· Develop key performance metrics for the department
Education and Experience Requirements:
· A primary degree in engineering or a trade qualification.
· Minimum of 5 years medical and/or diagnostics manufacturing experience including at least 3 years in an engineering department.
· Experience of operating in a medical device environment (ref ISO 13485 or FDA) would be a very distinct advantage for this role.
· Minimum of 3 years People Management, preferably with six sigma process experience of fostering a culture of pro-activity and problem resolution.
· Experience in developing and motivating team members to excel.
Skills and Abilities:
· Energetic and driven self-starter, with good communication and influencing skills and the ability to effectively and simultaneously manage a wide range of diverse activities.
· Must be commercial, understanding the revenue generating aspects of small business and the cost implications of providing engineering solutions, in a timely manner.
· Have an ability to work hands-on, with a solid engineering background, engaging with direct reports, cross-functional groups, and equipment vendors to resolve technical issues
· Practical level-headed individual, who is prepared to actively participate as a member of the management team.
· Project manager, setting realistic objectives and delivering