Graduate Design Engineer
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with a growing international manufacturing company located in Castlebar, Co. Mayo to recruit a Graduate Design Engineer.
The Graduate Design Engineer will be responsible for developing, designing, documenting, and approving single-use systems for the biopharmaceutical industry, providing assistance and technical support to end-users necessary to ensure the successful implementation thereof. The candidate will undergo a period of training and development to gain the necessary competencies to fulfil the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include;
· Develops single-use systems designs based on user and process requirements:
· Creates detailed product specifications which meet user requirement specifications (URS) while allowing for lean production and cost-effective solutions.
· Analyses product specifications and performance requirements to determine designs which can be produced via existing component portfolio, processing facilities and techniques.
· Prepares process flow diagrams (PFDs), specification prints, BOM's and other documents necessary for completion of projects.
· Generates pricing based on value engineering principals in concert with Global Finance and Accounting.
· Manages library of single-use componentry for use in single-use assemblies:
· Evaluates single-use components to ensure fitness for purpose, e.g. sensor functionality, engagement testing, etc.
· Qualifies new components for use in production including generation of QC prints and performance testing.
· Works with Quality, Planning, and Procurement to ensure consistent supply of single-use components.
· Supports single-use systems production:
· Ensures designs are manufactured accurate to approved specifications.
· Facilitates new bio container design implementation.
· Promotes efficient and ergonomic manufacturing techniques.
· Interfaces with and offers continuous improvement support for the MES/ERP systems.
· Provides product support for single-use systems production.
· Creates support documentation including process flow and recommended usage diagrams.
· Confers with customers and sales staff to discuss project status, provide technical support, and otherwise facilitate implementation of product portfolios.
· Manages single-use systems projects to ensure that initiatives are met, timelines are adhered to, associated costs targets are achieved, etc.
- A minimum 2.1 Honours Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Technology, Materials Engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- Ability to utilise basic computer skills is essential including the use of word-processing, spreadsheets.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to various tasks.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, to internal parties as well as those external to the organisation.
- AutoCAD and 3D modelling software experience desirable.
- Experience with project management software and databases desirable.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to tasks such as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis desirable