Sheet Metal Worker
JWR Employment Specialists are working with a Mechanical and Engineering Company who are specialists in bespoke fabrication to recruit a Sheet Metal Worker.
The role will be based in Mayo and offers an attractive salary and career progression opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with flat metal, such as aluminium, mild steel and stainless steel.
- Following engineering drawings to mark out precise shapes on the metal in preparation for cutting.
- Cutting out the metal shapes using a hand saw, machine saw, laser cutter or guillotine.
- Shaping the metal using a variety of other tools including small presses, roller machines and hammers.
- Finishing the product using tools like grinders and polishers to smooth the surface.
- Assembling the parts by welding, bolting or riveting them together, or preparing the parts for a welder to assemble.
- Inspecting and testing components produced to ensure they meet quality standards.
- Carry out basic maintenance on tools and equipment and reporting any faults.
- Completing production records
Skills and Experience
· At least one-year sheet metal worker experience
· Manual Handling