JWR Employment Specialists are working with a Mechanical and Engineering Company who are specialists in bespoke fabrication to recruit a Mechanical Engineer.
The role will be based in Mayo and offers an attractive salary and career progression opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Review contract documents, specifications, design drawings and ensure contract compliance.
· Prepare reports, and document findings on conformance and non-conformance to management.
· Liaise with contractors, vendors, suppliers ensuring that standards, relevant regulations, and legal requirements are achieved.
· Coordinate, monitor & inspect work on site in compliance with design drawings, specifications & standards.
· Development Project measure prior to commencement of Construction in line with the agreed project programme.
· Understand the requirements and actions to be taken to test, commission and handover the project prior to the commencement of the commissioning period.
· Ensure the quality of materials and workmanship are in compliance with design, specification, quality standards & regulations.
· Report on related quality matters, including third-party inspections, progress, EHS and causes for delay.
· Maintain project budgets and deliver what has been promised to the client on the time safely & to the highest quality.
· Build relationships with all parties involved in the project and maintain effective team communication and cooperation for successful project completion.
· Maintain a site diary / day book.
· The role will require frequent travel throughout all regions of operation across all business unit.
· Hold a recognised qualification in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline and three plus years of related field experience.
Skills and Experience
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, specifications, regulations, codes, and other material pertinent to the project.
· Working knowledge of mechanical components and systems.
· Knowledge of mechanical materials, means and methods.
· Good level of IT skills.
· Provide Leadership & take Ownership