Learning and Development Specialist
JWR Employment Specialists have an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about Learning and Organisational Development for a growing manufacturing company located in Castlebar, Mayo.
The role will play a pivotal role in creating an environment on continuous learning and development in the organisation. It will involve working cross-functionally to understand the learning and development needs of various functions and departments and will contribute to a team of experts to design, implement and scale learning programs that align with the companies commitment to ongoing growth.
The L&D Specialist most critical work will be focused on building the company talent through in-person and virtual training experiences for their Castlebar and European teams supporting instructional design, and coaching staff to greater effectiveness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include
- Understand the learning needs of our various departments and develop custom training and development strategies for those teams. Leverage internal and/or external resources to create professional and compelling learning experiences.
- Operationalize and scale L&D programs for the Castlebar and European team members.
- Determine and facilitate the best learning methods for various learning needs and cultural differences, including in-person/virtual instructor led trainings (ILTs), or digital learning tools.
- Deliver a multi-level leadership development training program to support all experience levels within the Castlebar and European leadership teams.
- Monitor and measure the success and effectiveness of L&D plans and initiatives while helping employees to extract maximum benefit from learning opportunities.
- Disseminate tribal knowledge by assisting departments in standardizing and documenting processes and procedures. Develop and maintain learning materials that aide in dissemination tribal knowledge across the organization.
- Coach and support supervisors and managers in one-on-one and classroom settings in team leadership, employee learning and development, performance management (e.g. annual performance reviews and Performance improvement Plans), and career pathing.
- Contribute to major company change and implementation initiatives by providing expert insights into the learning and adoption needs of employees. Develop and deliver training experiences that support the roll-out of new initiatives and platforms.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience facilitating, designing training content, and coaching employees at all levels of an organization preferred.
- Skilled facilitator and communicator with experience leading objective-driven training. Ability to facilitate engaging group discussions with diverse audiences and creatively adapts to various learning styles.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, planning, and communication skills. Influential partner with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally with all levels of management and across all geographies.
- Inquisitive, self-motivated, strategic, and proactive, with an ability to see tasks through to completion.
- Effective project management skills and ability to adapt and learn quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong understanding of the adult learner experience and ways to deploy a variety of learning methods and strategies.
- Experience successfully coaching leaders and individual contributors through a development process.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality when dealing with employee matters & information.
- Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) or Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) credential or equivalent certification preferred.