Finance Team Lead
JWR Employment Specialists are working with one of Europe’s leading Technology distributors to recruit a Finance Team Leader to join a growing and diverse finance team.
The primary focus of the role is to lead and develop the banking function of the company by ensuring:
- Strong leadership, effective feedback and performance management of the team.
- Engaging and motivating the team; driving them to high performance.
- The team consistently meet or exceed service/delivery of expectation towards internal and external partners.
- Good practices are followed and looking at process improvements across the day to day banking function.
Daily Admin Duties:
- Oversee the team ensuring daily banking tasks (including cash and payment postings) are complete.
- Oversee and assist in the completion of monthly bank reconciliations as per reporting timelines.
- Management of invoice discount facility and preparation of monthly MERs.
- Monitor ledgers to ensure accounts are cleared down in timely manner.
- Review intercompany postings to ensure accurately reflected in SAP.
- Regular 121s with team members as well as regular team meetings.
- Setting quarterly SMART Objectives, coaching the team for performance to achieve them.
- Developing the team via PDP discussions, effective feedback, identifying skill gaps and development opportunities. Regular assessment of team’s skill level within the careers structure.
- Being an escalation point for decision support, complex queries, managing more difficult external relationships.
- Training of team in all areas. Identifying strengths and weaknesses in the team, allocating tasks according to strengths and providing training in areas of weakness.
- Development of new processes and process improvements to ensure higher accuracy and speed.
- Testing new processes for errors or inconsistencies.
- Involvement in development project work, e.g. New systems and business improvement projects. Working on ways to implement them within the team.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are followed and well documented across the team.
- Complete ad hoc training with team members when required.
- Audit work – coordinate the tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Year end – ensure all year end postings are complete and all accounts are reconciled for year end.
- Provide cover for your counterparts in the team during periods of absence or holidays
- Carry out other tasks or duties as required by senior management in line with the business achieving its objectives.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role or finance environment
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Multi-currency experience an advantage
- SAP accounting software experience would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy leading teams
- Has high level of interpersonal and effective communication skills to build effective and successful relationships
Full Private Health Insurance
Part Hybrid working Arrangments