JWR Employment Specialists are working with one of Europe’s leading Technology distributors to recruit a Payroll Specialist to join a growing and diverse finance team.
The person in this role will be responsible for the ownership and management of Payroll Process for over 500 employees in Ireland, UK, Netherlands, US and APAC regions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership and management of Payroll Process for IE, UK, NL, US, APAC employees in cooperation with our external payroll bureaus
- Prepare payroll-related schedules to ensure payroll accuracy before processing internally or submitting to our external payroll providers
- Recommend and implement modifications of existing payroll processes, in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Research and monitor regulatory and legislative changes impacting payroll areas of responsibility.
- Month end reporting including preparation of payroll journals and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Check updates done by Admin on SF – create a process whereby they update SF and you review to have a second set of eyes on the updates.
- Responsible for payroll tax activities; including compliance with Revenue HMRC and other government institutions (EU & JAPAC)
- Monthly calculations and posting of Bonus & Commission accruals
- Creating a monthly upload of Salary Information to Prophix for the Group – reconciled to the management accounts
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Monthly meetings with People Ops
- Responsible for oversight of JAPAC Payrolls – ensuring all information is given to Payroll Bureaus and payments are made.
· Reconciliation of Group Pension Provider Payments
· Creating and processing Payments of Employee benefits (Pension, Medical Insurance, Benefits, Cycle to work and others) for Group
- Participate in Monthly Review Meeting of Balance sheet reconciliations of relevant accounts
- Assisting with the year-end audit and statutory accounts preparation
- Assisting in special projects as assigned
- IPASS Payroll Qualification or equivalent
- Previous experience working in a high volume Payroll position with exposure to international payroll.
- Knowledge of end-to-end payroll processing including benefits administration, share based remuneration, statutory payroll regulations and payroll journal entries
- High level of attention to detail
- Experience managing multiple deadlines