JWR Employment Specialists are working with one of Europe’s leading Technology distributors to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join a large dynamic finance team. The primary focus of this role is to oversee the finance admins in our banking area, implementing best practices and leading process improvements across the team.
· Oversee banking finance admins being the point of escalation for the team
· Daily upload of current and invoice discount account bank statements to SAP
· Daily allocation of all customer receipts within the Group – EFTs, cheques and credit cards
· Complete all tasks to ensure reconciliations are performed accurately for the invoice discounting facilities, preparation of month end reports
· Daily upload of sales invoices and credit notes to the invoice discounting facilities and prepare Month end reconciliations
· Administer intercompany movements
· Banking day to day (cash allocations and current accounts)
· Oversee the completion of monthly bank reconciliations as per reporting timelines
· Process transfer and drawdown request
· Monitor and reconcile banking fees
· Facilitate customer refunds or customer receipts into incorrect bank account
· Manage queries regarding transactions on the bank accounts
· Responsible for Petty Cash transactions
· Customer Postings & Allocations (including release of Credits & Refunds)
Lead specific project work within team targeted at:
· Work to improve existing processes / procedures, enabling automation.
· Ensure all policies and procedures are well documented across team.
· 3 years Finance / Accounts experience desirable
· Good communications skills (written and oral) are essential for this role
· Good excel skills are essential
· SAP knowledge an advantage
· Has high level of interpersonal and effective communication skills to build effective and successful relationships
· Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage own time effectively
· Methodical with an eye for accuracy and detail
· System orientated outlook with automation improvements mindset
· Experience of managing a significant workload, highly organised with strong attention to detail.