R&D Project Engineer
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting an R&D Project Engineer for an Engineering company who are experts in ventilation ducting systems.
The company located in Castlebar, Mayo manufacture bespoke ventilation ducting equipment onsite using a specific combination of industrial equipment and custom tooling that does not exist anywhere else in the world.
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, this role will join a team of two other engineers and will offer the right candidate excellent career progression opportunities in a rapidly expanding business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- There will be a main focus to deliver a project to redesign a polymer flange that will eliminate condensation of vapours and chemical laden air
- Following initial polymer materials research, create a realistic lab-based test protocol that will be needed to be established to simulate these.
- Lead the research of new materials that could be used to develop product offerings.
- Develop design guides, reports, and processes currently in place.
- Liaise with independent test houses to perform various product development tests.
- Research all safety and performance standards in the ventilation industry and further develop documentation to show compliance and quality standards.
- Research new technologies and systems (Fourth Industrial Revolution) and develop plans and methods they can benefit the company in the next 1,2,5,10 years.
- Understand and apply with our QEHS policies statement in all aspects of your work.
- Contribute towards achieving company objectives that are of relevance to your work.
- Implementation of company Health and Safety policy.
- Comply with QEHS Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing forms/records as required
- Hons Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Industrial experience in Polymers / polymer manufacturing is desired.
- Strong ability to create reports and instructional guides.
- Strong material science background.
- Strong creative thinking, problem identifying and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of using Solidworks, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong team player with great communication skills.
- Knowledge of Product development & evaluation; Data analysis, Analytical techniques, project management.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.