JWR Employment Specialists are working with a growing Mechanical and Electrical Engineering company in Mayo to recruit a Mechanical Engineer.
Our client who have projects across Industrial, Healthcare, Commercial, Residential and pharmaceutical have undergone significant growth in the last number of years and are passionate about providing the highest standards through honest, hard work and commitment to quality. Their work and commitment has been recognised by the Irish construction Industry with nominations in the Large Sub-Contrator section and also receiving an award at the NISO Awards for ‘Driving for work Award’, and the ‘Consistent High Achiever Award’.
If you are passionate about high quality, bespoke engineering solutions and want to work in a dynamic team environment working on large projects, then this role could be for you.
- Assume day-to-day management of the site technical & engineering requirements (RFIs, Submittals, etc.).
- Contribute to insourcing vs outsourcing discussions & decisions
- Understand sourcing needs and help identify suppliers that can fulfil these
- Critique these proposed supply partners, to identify their ability to fully meet the needs of the supply partnering role including commercial, political, economic, social, financial, technical, quality, compliance and environmental issues and risks.
- Carry out audits as appropriate
- Engage cross functionally with other stakeholders to develop such suppliers to an approved state
- Manage the internal staged gated approval process of such suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers to help manage them to scale or produce other products or variants
- Manage suppliers on an ongoing basis through business reviews and other methods to guarantee quality supply
- Help resolve issues as the arise to maintain quality supply of products and services to the business
- Make project recommendations & decisions with clarity and supporting rationale
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders internally
- Perform other assigned tasks as directed by Manager
- Ideally 2 years + experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Relevant 3rd level qualification (preferable but not essential)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and use of programs specific to this role