Mechanical Project Manager
JWR Employment Specialists are working with a growing Mechanical and Electrical Engineering company in Mayo to recruit a Mechanical Project Manager.
The Company who have undergone significant growth in the last number of years are passionate about providing the highest standards through honest, hard work and commitment to quality. Their work and commitment has been recognised by the Irish construction Industry with nominations in the Large Sub-Contrator section and also receiving an award at the NISO Awards for ‘Driving for work Award’, and the ‘Consistent High Achiever Award’.
With this in mind, our client are seeking someone with a strong commitment to quality and someone who enjoys seeing projects through to completion ensuring targets and milestones are consistently achieved. The person in this role will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to lead and manage a busy workload.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange handover of project from estimating department to construction team
- Validate project and in doing so develop business plan, cost control system, cashflow, schedules, etc.
- Liaise with client and design team on procurement and engineering issues
- Mobilise sub-contractors and labour in accordance with business plan
Project Running Phase:
- Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
- Ensure compliance with program, materials deliveries and engineering, quality and safety issues
- Attend meetings with Clients#
- Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
- Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S#
- Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control#
- Submit monthly internal reports
- Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
- Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out
- Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client
- Handover O&M manual and record drawings
- Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
- Demobilise site team and establishment
- Attend and participate in monthly project managers meetings
- Put forward idea’s for continuous improvement of company
- Maintain contact with your client base
- Maintain excellent working relationships with the client from project start up to project completion
- Responsible for time sheets for all site staff on your assigned project.
- Ideally 2 years + experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Relevant 3rd level qualification (preferable but not essential)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and use of programs specific to this role.