JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with Europe’s leading Technology Distribution Company with 500 people across eight locations in the UK and Ireland, plus locations in the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Australia, US and China to recruit a Tax Assistant
This position will report directly to the Tax Manager. The appointed person will work as an active part of the Finance Team as well as taking responsibility of compliance work under the guidance of the Tax Manager. If you are interested in progressing your career in Tax and looking for a role that will offer excellent training and knowledge then this would be an excellent opportunity.
- Ensure that all returns submitted to tax authorities are properly compiled and submitted in a timely manner.
- Work with external tax advisers on day to day tax matters and tax compliance.
- Prepare and file and Intrastat Returns
- Prepare and file all EC Sales Returns
- Provide assistance in day to day VAT queries
- Liaise with External Auditors on all taxation matters
- Manage any internal ad hoc payroll tax queries
- Participation in annual Audit
- Ad hoc Taxation projects
- Part Qualified Accountant/ Tax Exams (AITI/CTA)
- 2 years experience in Practice or Industry in a tax environment
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax.
- A self-starter, highly motivated with a continuous improvement focus and attention to detail.
- This would suit either someone with Global Tax experience in industry or a person looking to move from medium/large practice who has been exposed to various tax heads as part of their current role.