JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting a Process Technician. This role will be based in Sligo.
Our Client has been operating in Sligo since 2000. The company provides expertise in high volume production of high precision technical moulded products. Their success is based upon creating high value return for their customers, through the generation of innovative, technically advanced solutions. The continued strength of their business and new growth projects have created the opportunity to invite applications for an Process Technician to further strengthen their team.
The Process Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, modification and continuous improvement of moulding processes and equipment.
- Key role in assisting the complete validation of new and existing equipment – including acceptance trials, debugging and validation of new equipment and tools
- Maintenance of moulding equipment at optimal performance levels in accordance with the highest engineering standards
- Specific fine tuning of moulding equipment to improve and increase output
- Reducing downtime and waste
- Maintaining good housekeeping in the moulding area
- Analysis of customer complaints and internal quality issues and development of improvement programmes for equipment to eliminate these defects being produced
- Assistance in the training of technicians/apprentices as required
Technical Skills & Qualifications:
- Time served or Polymer experience
- Minimum of 5 years' industrial experience preferably in a regulated industry and experience of injection moulding
- Ideally candidates should hold the National Craft Certificate and/or relevant 3rd level qualification preferably coupled with relevant further training courses and qualifications
Personal Skills Required:
The successful candidate should possess the following character traits:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy would be advantageous
- The ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Good attendance record is essential