JWR are working with high volume manufacturing company in Sligo to recruit a Quality Manager.
This senior role will report to the Plant Manager and will lead, implement and maintain Quality system requirements, manage functions within the Quality Department, provide Quality Engineering support to ensure that product conform to requirements and to support Operational Excellence through Lean six sigma Metrology in conjunction with the Company’s policy. The role will also have responsibility for both quality system and day-to-day customer quality.
Key responsibilities include;
- Maintain relevant Quality accreditation (currently ISO 9000).
- Ensure plant adherence to and improvement of Quality System requirements and procedures.
- Conduct internal and external audits.
- Liaise with supplier and customers on a day to day quality issues and provide timely responses.
- Lead and participate in problem solving teams.
- Assist in the completion of corrective action reports in conjunction with the senior management and other relevant personnel in a timely manner.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement program with clear and measurable objectives.
- Measuring and analysing processes, parts, trends and performance to reduce potential issues and completing root cause analysis.
- Assist in the technical training of the personnel where appropriate.
- Engage with Group Quality and participate in Group discussion.
- Timely reporting to Group Quality of predetermined KPI Metrics.
- Promoting a teamwork culture within the facility.
- Maintain and promote high standards in health and safety and housekeeping.
- Participates with customers QA representative to provide customer satisfaction.
- Assists in resolving issues with defective parts / Materials.
- Assists in the training and coaching of Quality Technicians.
- Monitor trends in weekly quality KPIs, conduct investigations and liaise with teams to put improvements in place.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Quality (Masters preferred).
- 5+ years of quality management experience- preferred
- Good working knowledge of Quality System Requirements within a high-volume manufacturing environment (preferably in a quality related role).
- A knowledge of the injection moulding process.
- Working knowledge in TPM, DFMEA, PFMEA, Root Cause Analysis, Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and/or other statistical process improvement techniques.
- Possess a good understanding and application of, quality PSW/PPAP/APQP, lean principles and problem-solving techniques.
- Computer literate e.g., MS Project, MINITAB, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Personal Skills Required:
- A highly confident team player.
- Good communication, influencing and presentation skills with the ability to deal with people and situations at all level.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic individual with a goal focused attitude.
- Strong decision making and planning / organisational skills.
- A proven ability to train and develop a teamwork culture.
- Systematic approach to problem solving. Numerate and possessing excellent analytical abilities.
- Strong work ethics and work on own initiative.
- Ability to coach across all levels.