Health And Safety Officer
JWR Employment Specialist are working with a renowned roofing and cladding company to recruit a Health and Safety Officer for a busy site in Cork on a permanent full-time basis.
The Health and Safety will be an integral part of the Project Team and will be responsible for providing specialist advise and support on all matters relating to the Environment, Health, Safety and Welfare of site personnel.
- Assist the EHS Manager in achieving full compliance in all Health, Safety & Workplace Legislation
- Ensure the site is adequately set up with a Site-Specific Construction EHS Plan.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all of the clients High Risk Activities (HRA’s) and ensure that they are identified and effectively controlled on site.
- Assist with the development of Risk Assessment & Method Statements
- Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Communicate Safety Alerts through Toolbox Talk on a scheduled basis.
- Ensure statutory forms and inspections are complete and recorded in a timely fashion.
- The Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all EHS project and documentation support
- Relevant Health and Safety Diploma / Degree.
- The successful Health and Safety Officer will have 2-3 years’ experience on construction projects
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.