JWR Employment Specialists are recruiting a Manufacturing Engineer for a Medical Device manufacturing company located in Boyle, Co Roscommon.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be part of the technical team responsible for developing, supporting and improving all manufacturing activities. This includes optimising existing systems to maximise quality and being part of introducing new equipment and technologies to enhance the companies capabilities.
The person in this role will need to be a critical thinker, highly motivated with a desire to learn and can successfully lead problem solving teams. The role will also require liaison with quality, sales, customer and suppliers regarding technical production issues so excellent communication skill are essential
- Deliver on key performance metrics through process optimisation in accordance with lean principles and ensure that all products manufactured meet the specifications, performance and quality criteria of the end users, customers, regulatory authorities, and the company.
- Work with suppliers to identify and understand advancements in the market that are appropriate to introduce to the company.
- Manage and develop processes for new products and technologies to demonstrate capability. Project manage the specification, introduction and qualification of new equipment and processes.
- Provide specialised input on the resolution of technical processing issues and foster cross- functional relationships by maintaining effective open communication.
- Champion a structured approach to problem solving using lean tools and 6 sigma principles, and maintain work areas, equipment and supplies in a manner which conforms to the requirements of the company’s quality system, 5S, GMP and safety.
- Develop and deliver on cost improvement projects in a timely manner.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Hold a relevant 3rd level qualification in an Engineering discipline.
- 3+ years technical engineering experience in the medical device or allied industry.
- Working knowledge of Quality Management Standards.
- Project Management skills.
- 6-sigma green belt or higher preferred.
- Communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Good statistical and data analysis knowledge (minitab experience is a bonus).
- A high degree of flexibility in a continuously changing environment