JWR Employment Specialists are working with a family owned growing retail company located in the heart of Galway City to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant.
The ideal candidate will be well organised, have an ability to multi-task, have exceptional numerical, logical, analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to work on own initiative.
This is a part time role of 22.5 hours per week. Initial training and induction will be done onsite with an option for hybrid working arrangements after this.
Duties and responsibilities include;
- Accounts Payable – processing invoices, preparation and posting of payments, reconciling supplier accounts and liaising with suppliers in relation to any queries
- Accounts Receivable – preparing invoices, reconciling customer accounts, issuing statements and liaising with customers
- Preparation of bank reconciliations
- Analysis, Costing and Review of monthly stock counts
- Preparation of VAT
- Monthly accounts preparation and general ledger management
- Assist with the annual budget
- Assist with annual external audit and audit queries
- Any ad hoc reports and general admin duties
- Qualified Accounting Technician or a Part-Qualified Accountant
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Strong IT skills and proficient across the MS Office suite particularly in Excel
- Have an ability to multitask and prioritise workload with attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Willing to take initiative and contribute to the efficiency of the department
- Knowledge of Enterpryze is desirable but not essential