JWR Employment Specialists are working with a leading Manufacturing company in Castlebar, Co Mayo to recruit a Software Engineer. This role will offer the right candidate an opportunity to work with some of the most exciting technologies available today.
The Software Engineer I is an application development position that works closely with the Lead Architect and the development team to develop and maintain critical software applications for company’s Manufacturing Execution and ERP systems. Familiarity with Microsoft technologies and applications is essential to success.
If you are highly motivated, interested in learning new technologies and can work independently or part of a team then this is the role for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include;
· Assist with development and testing of software applications.
· Analyze data to effectively meet the needs of business users.
· Work closely with end users and cross-functional departments.
· Ensure continued functionality of software during maintenance and testing efforts
· Work within defined processes for the software development lifecycle
· Communicate within the team during SCRUM sessions
· Implement and apply best practices and SOP’s.
· Creating innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs.
The ideal candidate will be expected to learn and use the following technologies. This list is not meant to be exhaustive, other technologies may be added:
· C#/.NET Core/.NET Framework
· ASP.Net Web Forms
· Desktop Forms Application Development using Visual Studio 2015 or later.
· Willing to learn.
iii. Integration/UI Testing
· Micro services/REST API or any other type of service.
· Angular Web platform (willing to learn)
· Desired but not required:
i. Microsoft Dynamics ERP
ii. Microsoft Dynamics CRM
iii. Microsoft SharePoint
iv. Microsoft Office
v. Microsoft SQL Server:
1. Reporting Services (SSRS)
Application Development Technologies:
· Microsoft Visual Studio IDE/Visual Studio Code
· Azure DevOps (formerly VSTS)
· Microsoft .NET
Skills and Experience:
· A Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems is desirable.
· 1-2 years of software development experience is required.
· Excellent team player with good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills in the English Language
· Ability to multitask and independently solve complex issues.
· Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems and learn new technology.
· Knowledge of databases and system data integration concepts.
· The ability to collect, evaluate, and document detailed information.
· Positive and professional demeanor.
· Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is desirable.