- Oversee the planning and delivery of key internal projects onsite.
- Define, implement, and maintain project management methodologies.
- Set project timelines and monitor project deliverables.
- Update relevant stakeholders / team members on the project progress, and ensure all stakeholders are following the critical path and are in alignment with key business priorities.
- Coach and support project team members with tasks you assign them.
- Capture the requirements of new projects/ tasks outside of the main project and communicate this to key stakeholders.
- Create a clear roadmap aligned to business goals and objectives, and translate the purpose, vision, deadline, and key priorities of each project and create a delivery strategy.
- Ensure that all team leads can answer key strategic questions, such as:
o Are we clear on the company’s critical path and current key priorities?
o What will the company’s look like in the next 6-months? And how do we get there?
o How can we smartly separate what needs to be done now vs. what can be done later?
o Can we execute effectively with our current level of capability and capacity? If not fully, what can we execute and in what order?
o How can we respond quickly to emerging issues impacting our critical path?
o How do we get the right people involved in critical decision-making at the right time?
o How will we really know if things are on track or not? And if we are not, how will we turn it around?
o What does “complete” look like? And how will I know when we will be there.
- PMP, Prince or similar training or certification beneficial.
- 5+ years of project management experience, preferably within the automotive / manufacturing industry (preferred, but not critical).
- Ability to drive projects forward and plan ahead as far as possible and checking back regularly as the project progresses.
- Understand a typical product development lifecycle in a high-tech product.
- Have experience in multiple project management methodologies and implement the best system most appropriate to company.
- Be cable of creating efficient real time status reporting systems.
- Experience in line implementation and / or line transfers preferred but not required.
- Organisation skills, time management skills, attention to detail, and prioritisation of work is essential.
- Strong experience of managing scope, timeframes, and resources to achieve objectives