Production Support Technician
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting a Production Support Technician. This role will be based in Co. Galway.
Our client offers its employees a fun work environment, flexibility and career opportunity. They power the trusted identities of the world's people, places and things. They make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively, and travel freely. With 70 locations on five continents, we are seeking self-motivated, talented and forward-thinking people from all walks of life, to share in a growing diversity that is unleashing new opportunities within our clients’ company.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain a safe place of work for all employees and visitors in accordance to the company’s systems of work.
- Provide comprehensive 1st line technical support to production lines and facilities.
- Manage spare parts and stock of consumables within the stock control system
- Interface with other departments in the resolution of technical problems.
- Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance on plant and equipment.
- Provide feedback to engineering, product management regarding product problems and possible enhancements.
- Resolve and communicates performance problems by telephone and e-mail.
- Maintain accurate records of technical information, summary of problem resolution.
- Assist in continuous improvement of products and procedures.
- Complete and retain technical documentation.
- Develop process/ equipment documentation
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Complete CPD as required
- Attend training sessions when required.
Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- The successful candidate must have at least 3 years working in a production equipment environment and have proven skills in one or more of the following; PC Control: Electrical Control Systems: PLC’s: Pneumatics.
- The successful candidate must possess a “can-do” attitude, be a good team worker, and be flexible in relation to production demands and duties.
- Previous experience in RFID card manufacturing or secure printing industry a distinct adavntage
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate in German an advantage
- Ability to read and interpret product drawing, specifications, international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.