JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting a Senior Estimator for a leading Mechanical Engineering company located in Ballinrobe, Mayo. This permanent position will be located in the Mayo office with some visits to their Dublin office required on occasion.
Duties and tasks include;
- Reviewing Drawings and documents of projects to be tendered
- Take-off of projects for tendering
- Review of plant quotations
- Entering take-offs and plant on Estimation
- Compiling and issuing of Tender Supporting documents
- Liaising with external estimators as required
- Investigate Value Engineering where applicable
- Attend site visits and client meetings as required
- Oversee Estimating Department and supervise team
- Maintain Work In Progress List
- Set-up files and put on server
- Output drawings & documents for tenders
- Set-up summaries on estimation
- Send out quotation request
- Send out the necessary tender documents to external estimators
- Fill and send forms of tenders
- Filing of soft copy/hard copy of tenders
- Update estimation for new products
- Update estimation pricing as requested
- Comply with QEHS Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing forms/records as required.
- Understand and apply with our QEHS policies statement in all aspects of your work.
- Ideally 3 years + experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills and use of programs specific to this role