Supply Chain Manager
JWR Employment Specialists are working with a leading Maufacturing company in Mayo to recruit a Supply Chain Manager.
This senior leadership role will oversee the the performance of the Supply Chain team, which includes Planning, Procurement, Customer Services, Warehouse, and Logistics, in order to ensure optimal delivery reliability, quality and lead times. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for developing and executing Supply Chain and Procurement strategies including Purchasing, Inventory Management, Logistics, Production Planning and on time customer shipments to meet our ambitious corporate objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the Supply Chain team to ensure that they are developed, coached and capable of performing the role(s) designated including performance management.
- Is accountable for total Supply Chain department value of all inventories, along with delivery of KPI's for schedule attainment, service, backorder level, inventory management and supplier on-time delivery.
- Effective management of all suppliers to ensure that purchased components and sub-assemblies are received at the required service, cost, quantity, and quality levels.
- Drive and support the sites projects as well as the global supply chain performance initiatives.
- Strategic planning to ensure that future pipeline and delivery requirements can be met to help drive the future growth of the company.
- Act as an escalation point for Customer related issues (e.g., Expedite requests, delivery performance).
- Identification and onboarding of new suppliers.
- Leading negotiations and implementation of purchasing contracts and service level agreements with suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Implement, review, and improve Supply Chain processes.
- Devise, implement, and manage appropriate measures & strategies for supply chain risk minimization, enterprise risk management and disaster recovery.
- Contribute to management of the plant and is committed to deliver plant goals, in the areas of Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, People Development and Continuous Improvement.
- Minimum Third Level qualification in Purchasing, Logistics/Supply Chain, Business or other suitable qualification in Supply Chain Management (i.e. APICS) is desirable.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Senior Supply Chain role, experience in an SME or start-up environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Several years of experience in different areas of supply chain within a manufacturing environment — procurement, planning, inventory management, customer services, management of warehouses, with a strong emphasis in people & process management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience of building/developing systems and negotiating supply contracts.
- Must be Proficient with MS Office software including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems. Dynamics 365 would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and written / verbal communication skills.
- Very good time management skills such that the successful candidate can effectively function in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.