JWR Employment specialists are recruiting a site manager for their clients, a roofing and cladding company. This role will be based in Co.Cork.
- Planning – develop a comprehensive project plan, track the progress of this plan, and effectively communicate the plan with employees and clients. Without a detailed plan of action, the project will not be completed efficiently and therefore could be subject to delays and budgetary issues.
- Build excellent relationships with key stakeholders.
- Engineering Knowledge: There will be occasions when you need to call upon your reserve of knowledge; project managers are expected to possess more information than everyone else on site.
- Leadership: You will be in charge of a team of workers so it’s essential that you know how to motivate staff and delegate tasks.
- Communication: As well as discussing the project with your team, you also have to provide clients with progress reports and liaise with architects, engineers and other specialists.
- Finance & Budget: You need to ensure the project is finished within budget with no unnecessary spending.
- Planning: Each stage of the project must be clearly mapped out well in advance in order to prevent delays.
- Resource Management: Making sure the requisite equipment is available for the duration of the project.
- Construction & Building Knowledge: There will be occasions when you need to call upon your reserve of knowledge; project managers are expected to possess more information than everyone else on site.
- Third level Engineering qualification (Civil preferred).
- 5+ years working as an Engineer within the Building/Construction industry.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Project.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to work as part of a hard working team.
- Roofing experience and advantage