IT Systems Administrator
JWR Employment Specialist are working with a leading manufactuting company located in Castlebar to recruit an IT Systems Administrator. This role will be part of a larger IT Team and will offer a lot of experience and opportunity.
This purpose of this position is to add depth to the support and management capabilities of the IT department. Provide server and network administration in the areas of provisioning users and systems, system maintenance monitoring and security incident response. Assist end-users with software and hardware errors and system upgrades. Design and administer fixes for support technicians to deploy. Performs Various IT hardware/software deployments and test projects. Leads technical resources in their support activities.
Duties and responsibilities include;
Respond to manufacturing operations and end user support, workstation hardware(such as barcode scanners, monitors, network connections, label printer issues, etc.) when tech not available
- Office End user support (respond to error messages, PC issues, viruses, etc.)
- Perform New hardware procurement and deployment
- Perform end-user support request reporting
- Generates new and existing procedure documentation
- Cisco Telephony systems Administration
- IT assets management
- Check up on Zebra label printer maintenance.
- Procurement and organization of computer spare parts
- Computer software updates management
- Treat and virus mitigation management
- Setup and maintenance of special workstation image backups
- Physical Monitoring of server rooms and related equipment (routers, UPS, etc.)
- Manages UPS system maintenance.
- Coordinates Off hours maintenance and upgrades
- Maintaining and creating IT documentation
- Performs IT infrastructure upgrades
- Support IT Developers with their project needs and deployments
- Deep knowledge of the Windows Client and server operating systems (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Intricate knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint, IIS Web administration, SSL certificates, domain management, Microsoft Office applications, Printing technologies and connectivity
- Knowledge and understanding of Virtualization technologies (VMware/Hyper-V), Thin clients and RDP
- Networking technologies such as TCP/IP and stack, network cabling
- Scripting languages such as PowerShell, VBScript, batch files, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux and other Operating systems
- Comp TIA or similar, Bachelor Degree or similar experience level, Fluid in English
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of Diploma with 5 years working experience in a similar position.
- Must be Fluent with MS Office software and a working knowledge of a wide variety of software packages, operating systems, and equipment as well as cloud technologies.
- Must have excellent English Language written and verbal communication skills.