IT Security Specialist
JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with a growing international manufacturing company located in Castlebar to recruit an IT Security Specialist.
An overview of the role:
- Monitor environments for suspicious activity.
- Works with IT administrators and staff to configure and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, asset management systems, etc.
- Helps IT implement security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards.
- Researches security threats and continuously evaluates our posture against their findings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works with IT to create and implement incident response plans.
- Monitors operation of network security solutions.
- Performs log and malware analysis.
- ·Ensures that the proper security controls are present and functioning.
- Analyzes security requirements and recommends improvements to the configuration of systems.
- Monitors network traffic for suspicious behavior.
- Creates security policies and defends against unauthorized access, modifications, and destruction of data.
- Consults with staff, managers, and executives about security best practices and provides technical advice.
- Ensures IT is properly configuring and supporting security tools, such as firewalls and anti-virus software.
- Trains staff to understand and practice good security hygiene.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's in Computer Science, Cyber Security, or a related field.
- Security certifications may be advantageous.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security fundamentals.
- Good teaching, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Computer Skills: Ability to use basic computer skills is essential including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.